One of On The Stage’s greatest triumphs is empowering clients to control their own creative destinites. By partnering with On The Stage and using the all-in-one technology platform, organizations can reach goals faster, whether that’s to increase ticket sales, push merchandise, better utilize production tools, or streamline fundraising efforts. One such success story is that of John Greenleaf Whittier Middle School, who teamed up with On The Stage with staggering results. Let’s dive into their story.
John Greenleaf Whittier Middle School
Located in Haverhill, Massachusetts, John Greenleaf Whittier Middle School employs a community of learners dedicated to educating adolescents.
A multitude of educational offerings are provided, all which prepare children for the future and encourage them to be responsible, active, respectful, and tolerant members of society. As part of their curriculum, the school offers students an opportunity to participate in music and theatre programs, led by Robert (Bobby) Gariepy.
Like many theatre programs across the country, John Greenleaf Whittier faced the age-old problem of limited resources and funding in an economically challenged area. In fact, when Gariepy first came to the school, there was no theatre program at all – meaning it had to be built from the ground up.
Gariepy had a few goals in mind as he spearheaded a new adventure:
- Create a program that would engage students in theatre
- Give students artistic outlets
- Encourage participation and growth
- Grow the program from the ground up with very little support staff, budget or equipment
- Streamline marketing, promotion, and ticket sales efforts
Enter on the Stage
Gariepy knew there had to be an easier way for a theatremaker like himself to create a strong program with limited resources. After doing some research, he found On The Stage. Working with account managers and knowledgeable team members, Gariepy got an informative crash course on On The Stage’s offerings and the team got to work.
Utilizing On The Stage’s easy-to-integrate tools, Gariepy was able to:
- Double ticket sales and generate more revenue than ever before with the support of On The Stage’s Account Management and Customer Support team
- Replace seven separate solutions with one streamlined platform that connected all his information
- Find and utilize resources to create marketing materials and programs to support his production
- Run a fundraiser for the program
- Track who attended performances
- Automate outgoing marketing efforts and generate additional interest and participation
- Increase student engagement and participation
“On the Stage has helped underserved communities like mine in Haverhill, MA, grow and prosper by providing the necessary tools to promote our middle school theater programs,” says Gariespy. “With their help, the JGW Drama Club has tripled its profits and doubled its size through the use of easily-accessible promotional platforms and friendly, 24/7 customer service.”
On The Stage’s Impact
Because of Gariepy’s first show results partnering with On The Stage, successful dominoes have begun to fall. More students are engaging in the program and working together to create production sites, more fundraisers are being planned, and students are even trying their hands at creating show programs with On The Stage’s Showgram (another great tool in the platform)!
Gariepy already had the expertise and talent for this program and in the end, all it took was a little help from On The Stage to get the ball rolling and experience success. If you’d like to learn more about John Greenleaf Whittier Middle School’s success story, download it here. And if you’re looking to create a success story of your own in partnership with On The Stage, book a demo today and take charge of your creative destiny.